Taunton Junior Young Musician
TJYM began as an addition to TYM, but it was felt it should have its own identity as a separate competition with a prize of £100 and the Jefferson Horsley trophy to keep for one year, there is also a 2nd prize of £50.
The competition will be held on the morning of Sunday 4th March in the Queen’s Hall, Queen’s College, Taunton. Times tba.
To apply, please download this application form and post or email it to us.
Closing date for entries is Monday 26th January 2018.
- Entrants to be under the age of 14 on 1st Sept. 2017
- To have attained Grade 5 standard or above.
- To offer 2 or 3 contrasting pieces for adjudication.
- Time limit up to 10 minutes
- Copies of the chosen music must be provided for the adjudicator.
- Photocopies will be retained and destroyed immediately after the event, in accordance with copyright regulations. (see festival rules)
- Entrants should provide their own accompanists, although an official accompanist may be available by arrangement with the festival.
- Competitors are encouraged to enter other festival classes (not mandatory). In this case , up to two pieces may be repeated in the TJYM recital.
- Previous winners may enter on one more occasion, provided they play a different instrument.
The winner will receive a prize of £100 and the Jefferson Horsley Trophy to be retained for one year. There will be a second prize of £50.